If you’re looking for the best restaurants in Chicago, you might be overwhelmed by the sheer number of options available. Chicago is a food lover’s paradise, with cuisines from all over the world and restaurants that cater to every taste and budget. Whether you’re craving pizza, steak, seafood, or something more exotic, you’ll find it in the Windy City. To help you narrow down your choices, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best restaurants in Chicago, based on ratings, reviews, and awards from various sources. Here are our top picks for 2024:
– Oriole: This two-Michelin-starred restaurant in the West Loop offers a fine dining experience like no other. Chef Noah Sandoval creates a minimalist and elegant tasting menu that showcases premium ingredients and impeccable techniques. The dishes change frequently, but you can expect to be wowed by creations like Hokkaido uni with caviar, A5 wagyu with black truffle, and foie gras with passion fruit. The service is attentive and knowledgeable, and the wine pairings are spot-on. Oriole is a splurge-worthy destination for special occasions and culinary enthusiasts.
– RPM Italian: If you’re in the mood for Italian food, you can’t go wrong with RPM Italian in River North. This chic and modern restaurant serves classic and contemporary dishes that are bursting with flavor. You can start with antipasti like whipped ricotta or crispy Brussels sprouts, then move on to pasta like Mama DePandi’s bucatini or spicy king crab. Don’t miss the signature RPM steak, a 14-ounce prime New York strip that’s aged for 90 days. For dessert, try the tiramisu or the gelato trio. RPM Italian also has a great cocktail list and an extensive wine selection.
– Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak and Stone Crab: For a taste of Florida in Chicago, head to Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak and Stone Crab in River North. This popular restaurant is famous for its fresh stone crab claws, which are flown in daily from the Florida Keys. You can enjoy them with Joe’s signature mustard sauce or drawn butter. Joe’s also serves prime steaks, chops, and seafood dishes like Alaskan king crab legs, lobster tail, and jumbo shrimp. The salads are refreshing and delicious, and the sides are generous and satisfying. Save room for dessert, especially the key lime pie or the banana cream pie.
– Shaw’s Crab House: Another great option for seafood lovers is Shaw’s Crab House in River North. This restaurant has two dining rooms: a casual oyster bar and a more formal main dining room. Both offer a variety of seafood dishes, from raw oysters and sushi to crab cakes and lobster rolls. Shaw’s is known for its crab dishes, especially the king crab legs and the Maryland-style crab cakes. You can also try the fish of the day, which is always fresh and seasonal. For dessert, don’t miss the chocolate layer cake or the raspberry pie.
– The Polo Inn Bridgeport U.S.A.: If you’re looking for a cozy and charming place to eat, check out The Polo Inn Bridgeport U.S.A. in Bridgeport. This restaurant is housed in a historic building that dates back to 1914. It serves American and Polish fare, with dishes like shrimp and grits, pierogi, stuffed cabbage, and chicken pot pie. The portions are generous and the prices are reasonable. The Polo Inn also hosts live music events and offers bed and breakfast accommodations upstairs. It’s a great place to enjoy a hearty meal and a warm atmosphere.
These are just some of the best restaurants in Chicago that you should try in 2024. Whether you’re looking for fine dining or casual eats, you’ll find something to suit your palate in this city. Bon appetit!